Sun Oct 12th 2008 -The Zoo


Drawings from the zoo today - the main orangatang portrait actually involved the orangatang sitting of it's own accord for about 2o mins - I was drawing in the orangatang house and he/she came over to see what I was doing when I was laying out my colouring pencils and sharpening my pencils i guess the behaviour was something a bit different than the normal and so they hung around with a blanket over their head and watched what was happening - a stroke of luck. The elephants were another lucky break as i got locked in to the elephant house by the keepers for 10 mins on my own and managed to sketch untroubled a few pics.








5 comments:

Gearoid said...

Well done, James. I love the orangutan - you seem to have captured his/her personality. Glad you didn't get locked in with the big cats! It's a great exercise trying to sketch animals as they do tend to move about and make things tricky for the artist.

SarahOR said...

love all of these pictures!

Lucky Fish said...

I love the women in the kitchen(?), a very interesting scene, so full of life!

Tracy said...

Love the orangutan!! Such personality and such a lovely sketch, well done :)

Rik said...

Impressed. I do like the 3rd picture about the elephant, I love the light around its eye.