- Spend three days exploring Inishsheer through sketching. Capture the magic scenery and culture of the smallest of the Aran Islands in your artists's notebook. Experience this intimate island through drawing her castles, shipwrecks, churches, seascapes and iconic drystone walls.
- Through on location sketch outs you will discover the rugged beauty of this jewel in the Atlantic. Enjoy the creative camaraderie and be part of the exhibition of work done over the weekend.
- This long weekend is for the self-motivated sketcher who wants to enjoy a fun and sociable time drawing on location in an ancient landscape. All levels of experience welcome.
- Join a sketch out to capture the creation of a dry stone wall.
- Lectures on Friday and Saturday evening be stone masons, stone carvers and artists enchance your experience and understanding of the island and the festival.
- Each sketch out starts with a 30 minute workshop with tips and inspiration from experienced sketchers. Your lunch will be delivered to you each day.
- Leave the island with a sketchbook full of memories.
On location sketch outs with your allocated group at locations including the Wreck of the Plassey, O'Brien's Castle, the lighthouse, half buried and ruined churches, the harbour, lakes and beaches, limestone fieldscapes, stonewalls, stunning skies and dramatic seascapes.