Dublin Zoo - Date?

A number of you have expressed an interest in heading to Dublin Zoo for one of our sketching sessions. As it's a bit more effort to get to than our usual locations, and as some of you really don't want to miss it, thought I'd post this now to give ye a heads up, and to try and settle on a date. I know we're all frantically planning for Kilkenny at the moment, but don't want to postpone setting a date for zoo too much, as weather is only going to get worse and it is a mostly outdoors location. The 12th October has been suggested as a possible date. Otherwise it would be after Kilkenny weekend of 17th. Also, it's proposed to make this more of a day long rather than a half day session, cos it's such a unique location and it costs Eur10 to get in, so may as well make the most of it. Finally, I think there's a shuttle bus that goes from Stephen's Green which should make life a little easier. Any thoughts on dates?

9 comments:

Tracy said...

Brilliant idea Sarah - thanks for posting! I'd be interested in the 12th, I can't do this weekend as I'm heading home.

I suppose the sooner the better really as the weather is only going to get darker :( Would be nice to have a day like last Sunday!

Maybe ye would be better off doing it this Sunday (but I hope ye don't cos I'd love to go!)

Sarah Bo said...

Heya, no we won't be doing it this Sun as there's a couple of others who can't make it and who really want to go too!!

Tracy said...

Great :)

SarahOR said...

sunday week then? sounds good. I don't thing we know who's organising the next sessions anyhow. Are we going to have our secound meeting on the 2nd thursday in october (we could discuss the sketching weekend on this too).

Maybe meet at the longstone?

Stephen said...

That all sounds great. 12th October in the zoo and I better make some time to put together a website ;)

Tracy said...

Yip - 9th October for the meeting - the Longstone it is :)

Zoo on the 12th sounds good too!

Ciaran. said...

Zoo is a definite for me too and Sunday week would suit a lot better here also.

Let's hope the sky stays blue.

TAW Blog Admin said...

I'll go 12th Oct aswell

James

SarahOR said...

i think its actually 14.50 eur for adults but i got 9 x 2euro discount cards so it should 12.50 or less if you´ve an in-date student card!