Sunday 30th June, we will be going to St Audeons Parish Church, High Street, Dublin 8.
This Sunday, June 30th we are going to visit St. Audeons Church in High Street which is just up from Christchurch Cathedral.
St Audeon's is the only medieval parish church in Dublin which retains any of it's original features and is also still in use as a church. Building here began in 1181 when High Street would have been the principle street in medieval Dublin. The church is dedicated to St Audeon of Normandy a much revered saint of the Anglo-Normans who had recently arrived in Dublin.
The Church is open all day, and the grounds are bounded by the Old City Walls with a great view of the Custom House across the Liffey