I hope to create an informal amateur sketchers group to allow fellow artists to share ideas about their work and to meet new people.
- The sketchers group will have no fixed abode apart from Dublin City and each member will provide their own art materials/ take a part in organising places to visit/ sketch on a rotational basis to be decided at monthly coffee meeting (2nd Thursday of every month).
- The idea being we don't actually have pay to be a member of an art group but will still gain ideas from working in a group.
- The idea is mainly for quick sketches using mainly pencil/ charcoal, but Pastels/ experimentation is always welcome- although the group will hopefully grow and develop, and be open to changes.
- The secound idea is that we meet once a week, and sketch for about an hour or two with the option of discussing our work after over coffee.
- Sunday are great for me but with the brighter evenings we could do it in the evening time during weekdays too just remember we might have to pick spots indoors to avoid the cold!
- we also hope to organise sketching weekends away (eg staying in hostels/ renting a house) for down the country.
- we also hope to have an annual exhibition and we welcome and encourage anyone with any good suggestions to participate at our monthly coffee meetings to help decide on the running of the group.
Ideas for intial sketching venues are: the national art gallery/ iveagh gardens/ trinity college/ dublin castle/ christchurch/ st mary's abbey/ stephens green/ IMMA/ botanic gardens/ merrion square/ the national history museam/ georgian dublin.
Of course a camera can be used to do a latter painting or a watercolour wash could be used later for a good sketch.
Anyhow if your interested post up, or better still click on the join button so you can become a contributor to our humble sketchers group!