Extra Curricular Activity

Hey there. Some of us going to see Gomorrah in the IFI on Friday (10th Oct) at 20:35. This is an open invite so if any of the rest of you are interested please feel free to come along. I'll be going to the Oktoberfest in the IFSC first and should make it down to the IFI just after eight.

Gomorrah won the Grand Prix at Cannes this year. It's adapted from a book by Roberto Saviano depicting tales of the society created by the Neapolitan mafia. The book was largely based on true stories, the publication of which sent Saviano into hiding. Read the reviews and be forewarned it has the potential to be disturbingly violent in places and disturbingly nonviolent in others. 

If you plan on going I'd advise buying tickets in advance either in person or online. Seating is unallocated so please be there early so we can grab proximity positions.

Stephen

11 comments:

Ciaran.L said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SarahOR said...

yeah i might pop down. Would thursday be to late to buy a ticket? October fest sounds good too..:)

Sarah Bo said...

looks like an interesting one... thanks for posting. Would like to check this one out so might see you there.

Lucky Fish said...

I am definetely going!

Oktoberfest sounds good too, I have been around the area yesterday and there are already some tents installed!

SarahOR said...

www.oktoberfest-dublin.ie.

lots of beer!

Stephen said...

Yeah, I saw them setting stuff up alright. It's opening this evening. If I finish work early enough I might get a chance to walk through on the way to the meeting.

As regards tickets to the movie. I'd say you'll be ok getting one today or even early tomorrow. Most people going to the IFI tend to get tickets at the box office rather than online. Just try and get in early because it's unallocated seating.

Tracy said...

Hmmm well I think I might try and pop down to the Oktober fest tomorrow evening, trying to convince the after-work drinks crew to follow is another matter though!!

Rik said...

I'm going to watch it... Lots of our Italian politicians complained about that movie... the truth hurts.

Stephen said...

That's great so. I'll likely head to the Oktoberfest for about seven. Maybe earlier. Give me a shout if you're around then. I'll talk to you all later on this evening anyway.

Lucky Fish said...

See you at Oktoberfest guys! :)

Ciaran. said...

I got a ticket for later so see you then.

C.