There have been lots of suggestions this week but the winning idea is to visit the annual Experience Japan day over in Farmleigh, Phoenix Park. The event was really lovely last year - very busy but a fantastic day out.From the website:
This group has come together to organise Experience Japan Events.In this years event, Dubliners will be able to join the Japanese community at a free programme of events and enjoy a range of family-friendly activities. The setting for this event is the wonderful historical ambience of the Farmleigh estate, an 18th century house and gardens magnificently refurbished by the state in recent years.This event will include:
- Taiko drums performances
- Fusion of Japanese shakuhachi music & the Irish harp
- Origami and taiko drum workshops for children
- Story telling under the cherry blossoms- Martial arts demonstrations
- Cosplay fashions framed with traditional Kimono displays
- Japanese Food stallsAnd much more ....
So! There you have it. We will meet at 2pm at the front of Farmleigh House - the event takes place behind it and will be pretty busy. If you can't find fellow sketchers, don't worry - everyone will meet up again back at the front of the House at 4pm. Should be a lovely day and here's hoping the weather holds up. I have to go home this weekend again unfortunately so I won't be about !