Sun 19th July sketching together in central Dublin or locally to you
From 2pm on Sunday 19th July Dublin Sketchers will be out and about together in central Dublin to sketch (location below) or sketch locally to you if you can't make it.
It goes without saying that everyone makes sure to keep 2 metres apart and follows government advice on Covid-19.
Here's a link to the government guidelines
From 2pm on Sunday 12th July Dublin Sketchers will converge around Merrion Square to sketch. If you are new, get stuck in and keep your eye out for other people sketching and say "hello."
If you are looking for a theme for the day, there's loads of great sculptures in the park, or sketch the lamp-posts (Merrion Square is the unofficial open air museum for Dublin lamp-posts through the years).
Rather than meeting in a pub or coffee shop at 4pm, we'll gather outdoors to catch up and check out each other's work. If it's raining, we won't move indoors together.
At 4pm on Sun 19th July, we'll gather on the grass in front of Dermot Morgan aka Father Ted's chair and space out in a large circle to show our sketches, keeping 2 metres apart. Please make the circle bigger if needed when you arrive.
- Don't touch other people's sketch books or share your sketching kit.
- Maybe bring something to sit on rather than using a bench (which might be in high demand).
- Arrange your own refreshments if you fancy it.
- The toilets in the National Gallery are open. There is a one way system in operation at the gallery: enter via Merrion Square and exit on Clare Street.
- If it's raining, we won't move indoors together.
If you can't make it into Merrion Square, then why not stay local and sketch in your Dublin neighbourhood. If you would like your sketch to be added to the website, email it to dublinsketchers @ gmail .com or post it to the Dublin Sketchers Social WhatsApp group if you are on that. Please edit your image so that it is low res and properly oriented for posting to the website.
Please remember to keep things socially distant.