From 2pm on Sunday 2 August, Dublin Sketchers will be out and about together in central Dublin to sketch (location below) or sketch locally to you if you can't make it.
It goes without saying that everyone makes sure to keep 2 metres apart and follows government advice on Covid-19.
Here's a link to the government guidelines
From 2pm on Sunday 2 August Dublin Sketchers will sketch around Grand Canal Dock and the Bord Gáis Energy Theatre. If you are new, get stuck in and keep your eye out for other people sketching and say "hello."
Rather than meeting in a pub or coffee shop at 4pm, we'll gather outdoors to catch up and check out each other's work.
At 4pm on Sun 2 August, we'll gather near the red poles and space out in a large circle to show our sketches, keeping 2 metres apart. Please make the circle bigger if needed when you arrive. If it's raining, we won't move indoors together.
- Don't touch other people's sketch books or share your sketching kit.
- Maybe bring something to sit on rather than using a bench (which might be in high demand).
- Arrange your own refreshments if you fancy it.
- There are a few cafés in the area if you are looking for a bathroom.
- Wear a face covering on public transport and indoors.
- If it's raining, we won't move indoors together.
If you can't make it into Grand Canal Dock, then why not stay local and sketch in your Dublin neighbourhood. If you would like your sketch to be added to the website, email it to dublinsketchers @ gmail .com or post it to the Dublin Sketchers Social WhatsApp group if you are on that. Please edit your image so that it is low res and properly oriented for posting to the website.
Please remember to keep things socially distant.
Looking forward to seeing you there!
|Photo by Miguel Mendez from Malahide, Ireland - Bord Gáis Energy Theatre, CC BY 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=25501340|