Galway trip (in April?)


Greetings All!

I have started to put together some details regarding a possible trip to Galway this spring!

We will have 3 weekends in April, so may be we can decide which time suits best for most people:
1) 10(friday)-12(sunday)
2) 17-19
3) 24-26

There are two central hostels that seem best from the reviews.
The one that I suggest is "Sleepzone":
http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/Sleepzone-Galway-City/Galway/408
8 Bed Mixed Dorm Ensuite 22 Euro
Alternatively, Kinlay House Hostel for more or less the same price is a good choice as well, it has only one problem: it is a 223-bed hostel and children friendly.
http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/Kinlay-House-Hostel-Galway/Galway/401

You are welcome to suggest other hostels you like, however for most of the central hostels noise is mentioned in the reviews (some are hosting tours every day or have a night club in the same building) even though the overall rating is quite good.
There is is more information about hostels on hostelworld and lonelyplanet website:
http://hotels.lonelyplanet.com/hotel/?SearchDetails=K!10002!7!-1!563!!!-1!-1!-1!-1!13..!!!57.59.27.4.52!!&PreviousSearchId=-1&TargetHotelId=-1&SubmitDates=False&VAError=-2147483648&IsSubmit=False

Please vote for hostels and dates in the comments :) It is important that we decide as soon as we can because rooms are already getting booked for these dates.
We could book 8-bed or 6-bed room or 2 rooms just for ourselves depending on how many people decide to go.

10 comments:

Fran Johnston said...

cool idea.first weekend is easter weekend so we could stuff some easter eggs into us on the way back!. whichever hostel is furthest from the centre would probly be best if people are worried about noise.being a light sleeper myself I've found Silicon ear plugs are great for hosteling and camping.

Tracy O'Brien said...

Brilliant Marta, thanks for doing the research!! I don't mind where we stay, 10-12 of April suits me!

galvinator said...

cool

Lucky Fish said...

10-12 of April suits me as well, if people do not mind that this is the Easter weekend. :)

LizzieL said...

Hi, 10-12th sounds good to me- so do the easter Eggs! Liz

Jessica said...

Easter weekend is no good for me, but then again, neither are the others ;0)
Blast! Hopefully I can make it next time a weekend is organised!

Jessica

Tracy O'Brien said...

Lizzie - send an email to the Sketchers email and I will add you properly to the site - so that you won't be having any more trouble commenting/posting!!

Ciaran.L said...

10-12 is great for me too.

Stephen said...

It's unlikely I'll be able to do this in April. I'm sure you'll have a great time though. Galway's a bit good. If the situation changes I'll book my own place. :)

Mary said...

Have a great time on the trip to Galway. Sorry I cannot make it but I will enjoy looking at the sketches afterwards!